Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Well, I've Changed My Mind...

* (original, 9/7/2011)
*
*
The screeching stop I was waiting for has slammed me in the face.

Now the delusional side of Daddy has decided to 'stay where I am'. He continued to go on and on about the friends he has (doesn't have any longer, really, at all), about all the things he's done in that town (which he's unable to do now), and he's made up his mind.

And my younger brother who talked with him a half hour on the phone tells me to do what Dad wants.

The three days I was with him, when I saw him, from both a daughter's standpoint, and that of a Registered Nurse, specializing in community, senior health and psychiatry, doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

So I am to ignore the wishes of a delusional old man, and go on knowing he doesn't know what he's doing and that's okay.

I work every day with adult males who cannot take care of themselves. Don't you think I recognize that when I see it? Am I supposed to stand by, morally and legally and say, okay, do what you will.

I guess I am.

No comments: