Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sunrise, Sunset

*
*
At the end of my day, a little link caught my eye as I quickly scanned those pesky little emails. I calmly sat back, in awe as I viewed this short film. An amazing post courtesy of a fellow couch-surfer. It caught me and wouldn't let go. Here it is. Come back when you're done.
.
Watch this...
.
.
.
.
When I finished that sweet movie, a creepy thought skittered through my mind. I was disturbed that it came up at all, because I really enjoyed that beautiful true-in-life vignette and was feeling the warmth of it all. Was my wandering mind the result of the nasty politics playing out around the world? I don't know.

But I couldn't help but think of all the many wars waged, so many 'killings' so many, many reasons, seasons after seasons, sunrise, sunset, battlefields ablaze. Before the Quiet.

And then, sometimes, not all the time, sometimes, the one left standing, 'the victor' turns around to support and bring up those they just tore down.

Why must we create havoc in the first place? Is it truly all about survival?

It's insanity at its best. We fuss and fight about who's best, who's strongest, who has the most money and who dies with the most toys.

Is it really worth it? Can't we just stumble upon something, someone, somewhere, love them, help them? Be happy in it? Let's do THAT.

Or was that what the video is all about, after all??

1 comment:

Dan said...

Thanks, Kathy. I enjoyed your comments more than the video.